If you want to move into a senior management role or pursue a career in safety, this high-level safety qualification is for you.
We’ve used our industry expertise to select targeted electives that give you the skills employers need. You’ll get expert support from our friendly, experienced trainers, plus free masterclasses and access to our award-winning Pathway Program.
With Alium Works, you get more than just a safety course:
From our industry expert trainers who are there to help when you need it
Boost your skills
In our free monthly masterclasses on practical safety related topics
Career building tools
With 3 months free access to our Award-winning Pathway Program
The right start
With a welcome call to answer your questions and set you up for success
In the Diploma in WHS course, you’ll learn how to help improve safety in the workplace, including how to:
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining and organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
(all students are to complete these 5 electives)
- BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
It’s all of the career building resources cadets have access to, available online, with experienced mentor support.
The Pathway Program is your step-by-step pathway to success in the career you want. You’ll get 3 months worth of free access as part of your enrolment in the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or Diploma in Work Health and Safety.
You’ll have 18 months to complete your course with access to all the online resources you need. As part of a small online group you’ll get support from one of our experienced trainers when you need it.
As an Alium Works student, you also get access to our award-winning Pathway Program. It gives you the practical skills to build a successful career with online masterclasses and mentor support.
Prerequisite: you need to have completed the five core units of BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or hold equivalent competencies to enrol in this course. These include:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation process
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident responses
Time: you need to put in the work to achieve your qualification, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. It’s estimated you’ll need 14 hours per week to complete this course in the full 18 months allowed. You may choose to complete the course earlier if you wish, by putting in extra hours.
- To be 18 years or older
- To be able to carry out research and present information
- Good computer skills including the ability to use office programs and navigate the internet
- Your own laptop or desktop computer with:
- Ability to add video streaming software (e.g. Zoom)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office or Google Office applications
- Access to view PDFs
- A stable internet connection
If you want to apply for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) please let us know when you fill out the application form.
Need to book in a group?
How do I get started?
Fill out the application form below including payment
You’ll receive an email to book a time for your welcome call
We’ll also take you through a short Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment
How does payment work?
You’ll pay in full when you apply for the course. As part of your application, we’ll take you through a short Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment. If you don’t pass the LLN assessment we’ll issue you with a full refund.
Click here for full details on our schedule of fees.
How is the training delivered?
Training is delivered online via our Alium Works online learning portal where you’ll access your lessons, quizzes, activities and assessments.
What if I miss a lesson?
All lessons are available through our online learning portal, so you can catch up a time that suits you.
How can I get help and support when I need it?
We offer small group training to make sure you get the help you need when you need it. Our trainers are available to help you via phone and email
Are there any prerequisites?
To enrol in the Diploma in Work Health and Safety, you must have completed these 5 core subjects from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
How do I find out more about the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety?
Click here to read the full details.
How long do I have to complete my WHS course?
You have a maximum of 12 months to complete the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, with a maximum of 18 months allowed for the Diploma in Work Health and Safety. If you wish you can complete both of these courses earlier.
Do you offer group pricing for 5 or more enrolments?
Yes, we do. Talk to our friendly team to find out more.
What’s the Pathway Program?
All of our WHS course students receive access to our award-winning, career building Pathway Program – click here to find out more.